IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE AND DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY BIBL 104 QUIZ 1
1. The thematic focus of Nehemiah is rebuilding the Temple.
2. According to our textbook, the opening verses of Genesis clearly refute
3. Deuteronomy focuses on covenant renewal.
4. In Ecclesiastes there is a search for the meaning of love.
5. According to our textbook, the original creation
6. Exodus highlights the exit from Egypt.
7. What was the major turning point in Moses’ life?
8. The last three Minor Prophets are focused on the Jewish exiles who have returned from Babylon to rebuild the tabernacle and reestablish Jerusalem.
9. A theme to the book of Judges is “The Struggle”.
10. The themes of the Historical Books revolve around God’s activity in calling, choosing, punishing, redeeming, and using the nation of Israel as His covenant people to accomplish His global purposes.
11. The book of Psalms features songs of praise and lament.
12. Abraham and Sarah had a child named ______________ who was God’s chosen son of the promise.
13. How did the Israelites become enslaved in Egypt?
14. What was the significance of the final plague?
15. Deuteronomy provides instructions for the new generation of Israelites as they prepare to enter Canaan in fulfillment of God’s promises.
16. The books of 1–2 Chronicles offers a priestly perspective.
17. According to Leviticus, there were ____________ sacrifices that guarantee the children of God had ongoing fellowship with their God.
18. According to our textbook, the opening verses of Genesis clearly refute
19. The book of Micah presents a divine lawsuit.
20. God accomplished Israel’s complete liberation from Egypt
21. Altogether the Minor Prophets are a collection of messages to Israel and Judah that serve both as predictions of judgment and as promises of hope for the future.
22. Leviticus describes the way of Holiness.
23. The JEDP Theory asserts that anonymous editors compiled the Pentateuch from four documents long after the time of Moses.
24. The four great patriarchs in Genesis are:
25. The events surrounding the death of Moses were probably written by ____________.
26. The book of _______________ tells the story of the wilderness journey. It serves as a travel diary of the Israelites after the exodus.
27. Genesis also emphasizes the importance of the ________________ covenant, which gave Israel a right to the land (Gen 15:18–21).
28. In the proto-evangelium, God promised that
29. Numbers details the wilderness journey of the Egyptians.
30. After Jacob’s descendants migrated into Egypt, they began to experience numerical growth. This growth emphasizes
31. Eight of the Minor Prophets are focused on the southern kingdom of Judah.
32. The first five books of the Bible are known as the Pentateuch.
33. The Shema involves loving God with all one’s heart and the totality of one’s being and
34. The _______________ plagues were intended to show Yahweh’s superiority over the gods of Egypt and Pharaoh himself.
35. God gave Israel the Ten Commandments
36. The turning point in the book of Numbers is
37. The book of Job deals with questions related to suffering.
38. The Historical Books extend from the book of Joshua to the book of Esther.
39. In Moses’ speeches in Deuteronomy he unfolds the essence of the covenant in the form of
40. The bronze altar illustrated
41. The first five books of the Bible trace the actions of God in history from the creation of the world until the death of Joshua.
42. 1–2 Samuel thematically focuses on Kings and Priests.
43. The book of Joel deals with the day of the Lord.
44. The Ten Commandments can be divided into two categories: responsibilities to God and responsibilities to
45. The book of Obadiah relates the doom of Nineveh.
46. In Zephaniah the chief pronouncement is that disaster is imminent.
47. In Exodus, God’s miraculous provisions included the
48. The book of Ruth offers a ray of hope.
49. According to the book of Numbers, people could also be sanctified through the __________ Blessing assuring them of God’s continued grace upon them.
50. In the third major sermon in Deuteronomy Moses continues with his theme of covenant renewal by forecasting Israel’s _____________.
1. The dispersion of the nations occurred
2. In the proto-evangelium, God promised that
3. The book of Nahum relates the destruction of Edom.
4. The first five books of the Bible are known as the Torah.
5. From Jacob’s son ______________ would come the messianic line of Christ.
6. Of paramount significance in the Tabernacle was the
7. In the third major sermon in Deuteronomy Moses continues with his theme of covenant renewal by forecasting Israel’s _____________.
8. Moses selected _____________ men, one from each ancestral tribe, to scout out the land of Canaan in advance.
9. The biblical description of creation is___________________ and by the power of God’s spoken word.
10. The book of ____________ is used extensively by Christ not only to validate His messiahship and summarize the law but also to rebut Satan.
11. According to our textbook, the original creation
12. What was the significance of the final plague?
13. The book of Obadiah relates the doom of Nineveh.
14. Jacob’s marriages to Leah and Rachael produced _____________ sons who would become the various tribes of Israel.