Case Study - Stopping Outshopping
Read the case study, Stopping Outshopping.
Then, use the Internet or Strayer library to research similar marketing strategies in the health care industry.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
1. Based on the textbook’s summary of Timothy’s philosophy of continually striving for excellence, determine whether or not Scarlet Hospital was prepared to compete with the establishment in Salem even before the highway improvement mandated such an upgrade in delivery health care services.
2. Examine the potential lessons that the Stopping Outshopping case could teach health care executives about complacency.
3. Evaluate the potential value of Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis and SWOT Analysis for effective decision-making, in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital protect its market share and thus decrease the chance of losing patients to other institutions in Salem.
4. Appraise the value of the Balanced Scorecard model in its ability to help Scarlet Hospital executives reinforce its defensive marketing strategy.
5. Propose a one-page offensive marketing strategy (i.e. communication, branding, innovation, etc.) that Scarlet Hospital should deploy in order to turn the table on Salem-based health care providers and improve its competitive marketing position.
6. Use at least five quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.