PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE PINTEREST BOOK LIST.
Part 2: Pinterest Book Activity Template. Open the Pinterest Book Activity Template and complete the following items:
- Provide the link to the Pinterest board you created in Part 1.
- List the 10 books you selected, state the author and title, and provide a two to three sentence summary that includes how the book relates to teaching self-regulation.
- Create a developmentally appropriate, engaging lesson to teach children about self-regulation using one of the books from your Pinterest board. Fill in only the Lesson Plan Template sections in the following list::
- Age and grade of the children you are working with
- Length of the lesson: For example, the lesson will take 30 minutes
- Goal (State the purpose of the lesson)
- Objective (Identify the lesson objectives—what students will be able to know or do at the end of the lesson. The objective(s) should focus on self-regulation.)
- Materials needed throughout the lesson
- Lesson development (Describe the steps taken to teach the lesson. This should be detailed enough so that another teacher could use these directions to implement the lesson.)
- Explain why your lesson and book are appropriate for teaching self-regulation; this should be at least a half-page of rationale.