Case Study 3.1 Keflavik Paper Company
Keflavik Paper is an organization that has lately been facing serious problems with the results of its projects. Specifically, the company’s project development record has been spotty: While some projects have been delivered on time, others have been late. Budgets are routinely overrun, and product performance has been inconsistent, with the results of some projects yielding good returns and others losing money. They have hired a consultant to investigate some of the principal causes that are underlying these problems, and he believes that the primary problem is not how project are run but how they are selected in the first place. Specifically, there is little attention paid to the need to consider strategic fit and portfolio management in selecting new projects. This case is intended to get students thinking of alternative screening measures that could potentially be used when deciding whether or not to invest in a new project.
1. Keflavik Paper presents a good example of the dangers of excessive reliance on one screening technique (in this case, discounted cash flow). How might
2. Assume that you are responsible for maintaining Keflavik’s project portfolio. Name some key criteria that should be used in evaluating all new projects before they are added to the current portfolio.
3. What does this case demonstrate about the effect of poor project screening methods on a firm’s ability to manage its projects effectively?
Need a 1.5 pages APA format paper. No Plagiarism.
1. Using shifts in supply and demand curves, describe a change in the industry in which your firm operates. The change may arise from a change in costs, entry/exit of firms, a change in consumer tastes, a change in the Macroeconomy, a change in interest rates, or a change in exchange rates. Label the axes, and state the geographic, product, and time dimensions of the demand and supply curves you are drawing. Explain what happened to industry price and quantity by making specific references to the demand and supply curves. If more than one change occurred, then decompose the change into smaller pieces so that your explanation has a step-by-step character to it. (Hint and warning: Demand and supply curves are used at the industry level, not at the firm level.) Describe how your company could profitably use the analysis.
2. Snack food vendors and beer distributors earn some monopoly profits in their local markets but see them slowly erode from various new substitutes. When California voted on legalizing marijuana, which side would you think that California beer distributors were on? What about snack food venders? Why?
Need a 1.5 pages APA format paper. No Plagiarism.
1. You have been hired as the manager of a casual dining restaurant. After a few days on the job, you notice that one server, Graham, seems to be unhappy and his attitude might be spreading. Please articulate what plan of action you would take to address Graham's attitude. What is the reasoning for your actions?
Need 1.5 pages APA format paper. No Plagiarism.
In the initial milestone writing assignment, you will evaluate the history of cryptography from its origins. Analyze how cryptography was used and describe how it grew within history. The writing assignment requires a minimum of two written pages to evaluate the history. You must use a minimum of three scholarly articles to complete the assignment. The assignment must be properly APA formatted with a separate title and reference page.
Need 2 pages APA format paper. No Plagiarism.
If you have you been involved with a company doing a redesign of business processes, discuss what went right during the redesign and what went wrong from your perspective. Additionally, provide a discussion on what could have been done better to minimize the risk of failure. If you have not yet been involved with a business process redesign, research a company that has recently completed one and discuss what went wrong, what went right, and how the company could have done a better job minimizing the risk of failure.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be approximately 3 pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
• Follow APA7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
• Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
Need 3 pages APA format paper of 2 different answer papers for above question. Total 6 pages. No plagiarism.
Your final project paper is broken down into 4 parts, worth a total of 125points towards your final grade. Expectations are that it will be a scholarly work, using largely peer-reviewed resources, formated to APA style. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are significantly weighted. Review the instructions in the Final Paper document first. Each milestone (Weekly Research Paper) is a separate assessed writing assignment, leading up to the Final Paper.For this piece of that assignment, you will develop a 2 page paper, double-spaced, comprehensively describing the industry you are choosing to use in the paper, preliminary challenges with information governance that you have identified, and list potential resources you will use to develop the paper. Again, review the final paper requirements for the total number of references, including peer-reviewed journals.
Need 2 pages APA format of 2 different answer papers for above question. Total 4 pages. No plagiarism.