Get Custom homework writing help and achieve A+ grades!
Custom writing help for your homework, Academic Paper and Assignments from Academic writers all over the world at Tutorsonspot round the clock.
PILOT STUDY: Now, you will have the chance to conduct a very small research study, also known as a pilot study. You can choose a survey, a 1:1 Interview or an Observation. Remember, this must be related to your proposal and approval must be given by your professor.
Designs – Pick one - A, B, or C
A. Survey Research
1. Design a survey with at least 10 questions, but no more than 15. Please submit your survey to your professor before you distribute it. You can survey people about any criminal justice topic. . For example, you may want to know how people feel about the death penalty or you may want to know what people think about the police.
2. Pick your sample. Decide who you want to survey. Make sure your unit of analysis is consistent with your hypothesis. Will you stand in the lobby and ask every 5th student to complete your survey, will you survey students in a particular class, etc. These decisions must be made well ahead of time. You must have 15-20 people in your sample.
B. Field Research – complete observer only
1. Pick a location that you can sit in and observe people without being too obvious. Pick a bench on a busy street or in a public park. Whichever place you pick, make sure it is a public place.
2. Decide what type of behavior you want to observe and what type of people you want to observe. DO NOT OBSERVE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY – IT IS TOO DANGEROUS, it brings up too many ethical issues, and it is not allowed!!! Perhaps you want to observe how the police interact with the public or the behavior of homeless persons in the park.
3. Keep a log and report on everything you see – This will serve as your field notes. Your field notes can be handwritten. What do the people look like? What are they wearing? How are they behaving? Who are they with? What can you interpret from their body language? Include everything and anything and write everything down.
4. Do at least three observations on three separate days for 15-20 minutes each.
Pick someone to interview on a one-on-basis. Your unit of analysis should be consistent with your hypothesis. The interview must be done in person. You will interview them on two separate occasions.
1. Find someone that you are interested in knowing more about. It could be a police officer, a correction counselor, a former inmate, etc.
2. Write a list of interview questions –this is known as your interview schedule and you cannot deviate from these questions (just like a real researcher). Show me your questions before you interview your subject. Have at least 15 questions that include both quantitative and qualitative measures. Make sure you write down everything the subjects say to you. If the subject agrees to be tape recorded, you may tape record the interview and transcribe it later on. You may also describe the subject’s behavior, mannerisms, dress, etc.
3. After the first interview, analyze the responses of your subject. Devise ten additional questions that you would like to ask the subject based on their responses to the first set of questions you asked them. Hence, there should be 25 or more questions in total.
7. Results/Discussion (1 page)
Discuss the results of your research. What did you find? Be specific.
If You Conducted a Survey:
Analyze your results. What did you find? Write up everything you did, starting from the beginning and concluding with the results of your study. Use the last couple of paragraphs to describe your experience with the survey research. Did you like it, hate it, find it interesting, etc. and why? Did you face any difficulties? Submit the typed proposal with the survey attached to the back.
If you conducted an Ethnography:
Analyze your results – did you find anything interesting? For example, do security guards at Macys follow people of color around more than white people? Look for trends. Write up everything you did, beginning with who you decided to observe, where you decided to observe them, what you saw, and conclude with the results of your observations. Describe your experience with the fieldwork. Did you like it, hate it, find it interesting, etc. and why? Did you face any difficulties? Submit the typed proposal with your field notes attached to the back.
If you conducted a 1:1 Interview:
What did you learn from your participant based on the questions asked? Submit the typed proposal, which will include the interview (in question/answer
format), any interesting findings, and how you felt about conducting an interview. Please report on any difficulties that you faced.
8. Policy Implications (1 Page)
What is the meaning of your research? How can it impact public policy? For example, do we require more police presence or does it mean that we require more sensitivity training for law enforcement?
9. Limitations (1 paragraph)
What are the weaknesses of your study design? How could this study be improved?
10. Future Research (1 paragraph)
What should other researchers focus on in this area? What is the next recommendation for future study? Why?
11. Works Cited Page – make sure to provide a full reference list that adheres to APA format
12. Submit your proposal to the assignment link in Canvas for your course. Your professor will let you know if he/she requires a hard copy as well.
In total, your paper will be 5 to 7 pages, not including the title page or reference page.
|Category||Business & Management|
|Budget||$90-150 (6-10 Pages/Medium Assignment) Approx|
|Required Skills||Assignment Writing|
|Type||Open For Bidding|
We have over 1500 academic writers ready and waiting to help you achieve academic success
Yours all information is private and confidential; it is not shared with any other party. So, no one will know that you have taken help for your Academic paper from us.
I have super grip on essays, case studies, reports and discussion posts. I am working on this forum from last 6 years with full amount of satisfaction of my clients.
This project is my strength and I can fulfill your requirements properly within your given deadline. I always give plagiarism-free work to my clients at very competitive prices.
I feel, I am the best option for you to fulfill this project with 100% perfection. I am working in this industry since 2014 and I have served more than 1200 clients with a full amount of satisfaction.
Hi! It is good to see your project and being a reputed & highest rated freelance writer on this website, you can be assured of quality work! I am here to provide you with completely non-plagiarised work
I can help you with creating a presentation of one slide for The Word of William Hunter. I will be happy to offer you 100% original work with high-quality standard, professional research and writing services of various complexities.
United States of America
Greetings! I’m very much interested to write for attendance systems. I am a Professional Writer with over 5 years of experience, therefore, I can easily do this job. I will also provide you with TURNITIN PLAGIARISM REPORT. You can message me to discuss the details.
I am a Ph.D. writer with more than 9 years of working experience in Writing. I have successfully completed more than 4500 projects for my clients with their full amount of satisfaction. I will provide you super quality work according to your given requirements and deadline with ZERO plagiarism.
Hello client, I have gone through the project specifications you have provided and I can easily manage the task. I am an experienced writer with diverse Knowledge in Article writing and Rewriting, Dissertations & Thesis writing, reports, case studies, and Literature Review.
The park behind James's house used to have a bike trail that was 12.347 kilometers long. Last year, the trail was reduced to 9.432 kilometers to make space for a meditation garden. What is the difference in the lengths of the old and the new bike trails?