As the nursing profession evolves, practice knowledge is increasing and theories are moving ever closer to the bedside. Conduct a literature search to locate a nursing journal article that utilizes a theory as a theoretical foundation and describes how this theory was operationalized. Reflect upon this theory and address the following.
- Describe the major concepts of the selected nursing theory.
- Explain how this selected nursing theory applies to the nursing metaparadigm regarding a) person, (b) health, (c) environment, and (d) nursing.
- Explain how this selected nursing theory can be applied to a nursing practice problem in your unique setting. (Hospice patients).
The student post provides support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source when used is: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) published within the last 5 years, and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply. Use a minimum of 200 words.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website, or blogs should not be used.
samples of theories:
-Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Theory of Nursing.
- Watson’s Theory of Human Caring
- Rogers’s Science of Unitary Human Beings.
-Roy’s Adaptation Model.
- Rogers’s Science of Unitary Human Beings