Aim of Assessment
The aim of this assessment is to provide you with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the application of primary Health Care concepts and health promotion practice with a particular reference to the health of Indigenous Australians. Learning outcomes 3 and 4 are targeted in this assessment.
Assessment Details & Instructions
A video concerning an Australian Indigenous community’s health project will be used as a trigger for students to respond to four (4) written questions about the Social determinants of Health, the Principles of Primary Health Care, Action Areas for Health Promotion and Cultural competence.
a) Watch the video "No school, no pool"
No School No Pool
b) Write your answers to the 4 questions listed below. Responses must be in full, complete sentences. Your responses must not be in point form.
c) You do not need to re-write the question, but make sure you clearly identify which response is associated with which question. This is not an essay, therefore you do not need an introduction or conclusion.
1. Identify and discuss one social determinant of health that impacted on health and wellbeing of individuals/communities in the project. Ensure you reference your discussion using one scholarly reference.
2. Identify and explain one primary health care principle in the project. Ensure you reference your discussion using one scholarly reference.
3. Identify and discuss one action area from the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion that relates to the project. Ensure you reference your discussion using one scholarly reference.
4. Define cultural competence and discuss its significance to the success of the project. Ensure you reference your discussion using one scholarly reference.
- Make sure you include examples from the video where prompted in the marking criteria (see Learning Guide).
- Make sure you include relevant references when prompted from the marking criteria.
- Use 7th edition APA referencing style for referencing.
- Attach a reference list that includes the video and any other sources you have cited.
There is a word count of 1000 words. Use your computer to total the number of words used in your assignment. Do not include the reference list as part of the word count. In-text citations will be included in the word count. If you exceed the word limit by more than 10% the marker will stop marking at 1000 words plus 10%.
Your submission to Turnitin should include ALL of the following:
1. response to the 4 questions
2. the reference list
This assessment has a weighting of 40% and will be adjusted accordingly.